Personal Injury Lawyer
Fort Wayne·Indianapolis, Indiana

William Shatner TV Spokesperson

Fort Wayne(260) 424-0954
Fort Wayne(260) 424-0954
Indianapolis(317) 636-5211
Indianapolis(317) 636-5211

Back and Spinal Cord Injuries

Our lawyers can help if you sustained a spine injury in a bad car accident

Back injuries sustained in a car accident can be serious. In an instant, you or a loved one can severely injury your back or spine. Suddenly, you might not be able to walk, work or perform other routine tasks. When this happens, it’s critical that you consult with someone who understands the legal options available to people with serious car accident injuries. Otherwise, you might not get the money you deserve for your accident expenses.

Our dedicated legal team at Glaser & Ebbs can stand up for your rights and make sure your injury receives the attention you deserve. Our lawyers have more 100 years of combined legal experience handling car accident injury cases in Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and throughout Indiana. We understand the legal issues that often come up in cases involving spinal cord injuries. We know what strategies work. That’s why we want to meet with you. We fight to win.

What are common car accident back injuries?

Back or spinal cord injuries caused by car accidents can cover a wide range. Some of the most common – and most serious – back injuries include:

  • Sprained back muscles
  • Strained back muscles
  • Fractured vertebrae in the back
  • Nerve damage in the back
  • Severed spinal cord, which can result in paralysis, meaning the injured person cannot move parts of their body below the spinal cord injury

In cases involving paralysis, the location and severity of the injury can make a big difference in the type of spinal cord injury. Types of paralysis include:

  • Partial paralysis (can partially move) due to an incomplete spinal cord injury
  • Complete paralysis (cannot move at all) due to the spinal cord being completely severed
  • Paraplegia, which is paralysis that only affects the legs and lower part of the body
  • Quadriplegia (or tetraplegia), which is paralysis often from the neck down, meaning the person cannot move their arms or legs

Back and spinal cord injuries caused by a car accident need to be taken very seriously right from the start. That’s why it’s important to have a doctor or EMT examine you and administer an X-ray or other diagnostic tests to determine if you have a back injury. That way, you can get the medical care you need right away to treat your injury.

How do I know if I have a back or spine injury?

There are many different symptoms for back and spinal cord injuries. In general, you should see a doctor right away if you experience any of these symptoms after a car accident:

  • Severe back pain
  • Difficulty walking or standing up
  • Tingling sensation in your arms, legs or any other part of your body after an accident
  • Loss of feeling or reduced range of motion in your arms, back or another part of your body
  • Loss of bowel control
  • Difficulty breathing or pain in your chest

A spinal cord injury can dramatically change your life forever. That’s why it’s important that you get the medical care you need and the legal assistance you deserve.

How can a lawyer help me?

Many back and spinal cord injuries sustained in car accidents turn out to be severe injuries. As a result, the financial impact in such cases can be tremendous. Depending on the severity of your injury and whether you can return to work, your case could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more.

Because there’s often so much money at stake, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will often do everything it can to reduce or deny your claim. You need an attorney on your side, standing up for your rights.

Your lawyer can negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company responsible for compensating you. This starts with your attorney thoroughly investigating your crash and providing evidence that your back injury was caused by the at-fault driver.

Many insurance companies agree to negotiate and make a fair settlement offer. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf and pursue the maximum financial compensation you deserve through Indiana’s court system.

Take a stand after your accident. Contact our law firm.

You need to act fast after your spinal cord injury. The evidence you need to support your claim can disappear or be destroyed over time. You also only have two years from the date of your accident in Indiana to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. If you miss that deadline, you could miss your only opportunity to get the money you deserve for medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost income and other accident expenses.

We know what’s at stake. That’s why we want to get right to work on your case. Contact us to learn more about how our law firm can help you. Schedule a free consultation with an attorney after your car accident. We have offices in Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and other locations in Indiana. We can also meet with you in your hospital room, your home or wherever’s convenient for you.

Fort Wayne

132 E Berry St
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260) 424-0954


845 S Meridian St #1000
Indianapolis, IN 46225
(317) 636-5211


103 N 2nd St
Decatur, IN 46733
(260) 728-9997


107 E Market St
Warsaw, IN 46580
(574) 269-3634


812 N Lima Rd
Kendallville, IN 46755
(260) 242-5253

Case Consultation
Click Here