Personal Injury Lawyer
Fort Wayne·Indianapolis, Indiana

William Shatner TV Spokesperson

Fort Wayne(260) 424-0954
Fort Wayne(260) 424-0954
Indianapolis(317) 636-5211
Indianapolis(317) 636-5211

Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer You Can Count On

We can stand up for your rights, help you explore your legal options

One of the most complicated types of car accidents we deal with at our law firm is hit-and-run accidents. When a driver flees the scene of a car accident, the other driver must deal with a wide range of complex legal issues on their own.

Knowing what to do in such situations can be overwhelming. Even knowing what your rights are might not be clear. That’s why it’s critical that you have someone on your side you can trust. You need someone who knows the law and who can fight for your best interests. You need Glaser & Ebbs.

Our talented team of trial lawyers has more than 100 years of combined legal experience representing injury victims in Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and throughout Indiana. We know how the system works when it comes to hit-and-run accidents. We understand the options available to you. As your attorney, we will aggressively investigate your case and demand the money you deserve.

Why do drivers flee the scene of an accident?

There are many reasons why drivers leave the scene of an accident. Some of the reasons why include:

  • The driver does not have car insurance
  • The driver is drunk or under the influence of drugs
  • The driver has committed a crime, including driving a stolen car
  • The driver does not have a driver’s license

Whatever the circumstances of your hit-and-run accident, never chase after the driver. Trying to apprehend a hit-and-run driver can be dangerous and could put your life in danger. Simply contact the police. Then, contact a lawyer. They can help you deal with all the legal issues often involved in hit-and-run accidents.

Who pays for hit-and-run accidents?

In Indiana, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is responsible for paying for accident claims. That’s because Indiana has a fault-based insurance system. So, what can you do when the driver flees the scene of the accident? What are your options?

Depending on the circumstances of your crash, one of the options available to you may include filing an uninsured motorist claim with your own insurance company. In order to do so, however, you often need to have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage.

Most drivers in Indiana have UM coverage. If you do not have this type of insurance, that’s because you specifically rejected getting such coverage in writing. Whatever type of insurance coverage you have, an experienced attorney can help you explore all the options available to you.

What are my legal options?

Hit-and-run accidents can be very challenging from a legal perspective. Because the at-fault driver fled the scene of your accident, you cannot take legal action against them. In many cases, however, police can apprehend the driver, particularly if there’s security camera footage or an eyewitness can identify the vehicle or the driver.

As explained above, you may be able to file an uninsured motorist claim with your own insurance company. Even if you have UM coverage, don’t be surprised if your insurance company gives you a hard time and refuses to pay your accident claim. That’s because insurance companies are often looking for any excuse to deny insurance claims.

If this happens, we can help you take a stand against your insurance company. We know how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies. We know how to deal with them. If they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them on your behalf. We fight to win.

Take a stand after your accident. Contact us.

The stakes are high when it comes to many car accident claims. Depending on the severity of your injuries, how much time you need to recover and many other factors, your injury claim could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more.

Make sure you fully explore all your legal options. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with a lawyer at our firm after your hit-and-run accident. We have offices in Fort Wayne Indianapolis and other locations conveniently located throughout Indiana.

Fort Wayne

132 E Berry St
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260) 424-0954


845 S Meridian St #1000
Indianapolis, IN 46225
(317) 636-5211


103 N 2nd St
Decatur, IN 46733
(260) 728-9997


107 E Market St
Warsaw, IN 46580
(574) 269-3634


812 N Lima Rd
Kendallville, IN 46755
(260) 242-5253

Case Consultation
Click Here