Rear-End Accident Lawyer Focused On Your Case
We can investigate your crash, fight for the money you deserve for your claim
Rear-end car accidents might seem straightforward. They’re among the most common types of car accidents. Just because rear-end crashes often occur doesn’t mean there’s anything simple or ordinary about them. If you have been in one, you know how serious and overwhelming they can be for everyone involved.
If you sustained a serious injury in a rear-end collision caused by another driver, we can fight for your rights. Our dedicated team of trial lawyers at Glaser & Ebbs knows how to handle complicated cases in Fort Wayne Indianapolis and throughout Indiana. We know how to hold drivers accountable for their actions. We know how to take on insurance companies. We don’t back down from tough legal fights. We are determined to fight for you.
Why do rear-end accidents happen?
Rear-end accidents often occur because the driver in the back was doing something they should not have been doing at the time of the crash. This includes:
- Distracted driving, which can cover a wide range – from texting while driving or looking up directions, to adjusting the radio or not paying attention to the car in front of them in some other way
- Speeding or following the car in front too closely, resulting in the at-fault driver not having enough time to stop and avoid a collision due to tailgating
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Falling asleep at the wheel and crashing into the car in front, especially in the case of intersection accidents, where the driver in front is stopped at a red light or a stop sign
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, don’t simply assume you will be fairly compensated for your crash. The driver who caused your collision might deny doing anything wrong. That’s why you need a lawyer on your side, aggressively investigating your accident.
What are common injuries?
Rear-end accident injuries can cover a wide range. Some of the most common injuries sustained in these types of crashes include:
- Whiplash and other types of neck injuries due to the back-and-forth motion of the body in many rear-end crashes
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and injuries to the face, particularly if the injury victim’s head hits the dashboard in the accident
- Lower back or spinal cord injuries
Some people downplay the seriousness of injuries in rear-end crashes. Don’t make that mistake. Many of these injuries can be serious or can become worse if not treated in a timely manner. Seek immediate medical attention. Follow your doctor’s instructions. Then, talk to an attorney to learn more about your legal rights.
How much is my case worth?
You might think your rear-end crash isn’t worth a lot of money but that might be because you’re only taking into consideration short-term expenses related to your accident. You should receive compensation for all current and future accident-related expenses, which can easily add up to thousands of dollars or much more. Such expenses may include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical care, including physical therapy
- Chronic pain treatment, especially for serious head or neck injuries
- Replacement income during your recovery if you cannot work
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
Don’t let the at-fault driver’s insurance company dictate how much your accident is worth. Get a lawyer who knows how to deal with aggressive insurance companies. Your attorney can negotiate a settlement offer on your behalf or file a lawsuit if necessary. The bottom line is you shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s mistakes.
Get the law firm that gets results. Contact us.
The clock is ticking after your rear-end crash. In Indiana, you only have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action. If you miss that deadline, you could miss out on your only opportunity to get all the money you need for your accident expenses.
Our team of trial lawyers can fight for the compensation you deserve. We have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. We know the games insurance companies often play after rear-end accidents. We know what evidence to look for when it comes to such cases. We have your back and will fight for your rights.
Contact our law firm and schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys after your car accident. We have offices in Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and other locations conveniently located throughout Indiana.