What are common car accident injuries?
Our lawyers can demand the money you deserve for your injury
Injuries sustained in car accidents can often be very serious. In an instant, you or a loved one might be in severe pain or discomfort. You might need surgery or be unable to work or do many other things you might take for granted.
If your car accident injury was caused by another driver’s reckless or negligent behavior, you may be able to obtain financial compensation for all your accident-related expenses. Getting this money can often be very difficult. That’s why you need an experienced lawyer on your side, demanding the money you deserve.
Our dedicated legal team at Glaser & Ebbs can fight for your rights every step of the way. We have more 100 years of combined legal experience representing injury victims in Fort Wayne and throughout Indiana. As a result, we know the challenges people often face after an accident caused by another driver. We’re not intimidated by insurance companies or anyone else who stands in our way for justice. We’re simply focused on winning your case.
Types of car accident injuries
Serious injuries sustained in a bad car accident can cover a wide range. Some of the most severe car accident injuries include:
- Head injuries, including concussions and other types of traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck injuries and whiplash, one of the most common and most misunderstood car accident injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries, including different kinds of paralysis
- Hand and arm injuries, including broken bones and other types of fractures
- Leg and foot injuries, including foot fractures and injuries to the knee or hip
- Amputation or loss of a limb or another part of the body
- Facial injuries, including cuts to the face caused by hitting the dashboard or windshield
Whatever type of injury you or a loved one sustained in a car crash, make sure you take your injury seriously right from the start. Follow the suggested steps listed below, including contacting a lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about your legal rights.
What should I do if I’m hurt in a car crash?
If you were injured in an accident caused by another driver, it’s important to take the following suggested steps right away:
- Seek immediate medical attention – Often this involves being transported by an ambulance to the nearest emergency room to be examined and treated by an EMT or emergency room doctor. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may need surgery and other medical care that requires you to stay in a hospital for several days or even much longer.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions – It’s important to do everything your doctor tells you to do while you’re recovering from your accident. If you don’t follow your doctor’s instructions, you might not fully recover. You might also have a hard time getting the money you deserve from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, who will likely try to claim that your medical condition is due to your own actions.
- Seek follow-up medical care – Even if you have already been examined by a medical professional, have your doctor or a specialist examine you several days or weeks after your accident. Many serious car accident injuries take time to develop. In addition, initial examinations sometimes miss serious injuries that require additional medical care.
- Call a lawyer – As soon as you or a family member can do so, talk to an attorney to learn more about your rights and the legal options available to you. The sooner you can do this, the sooner your lawyer can start investigating your injury claim.
What types of compensation can I receive for my injury?
If someone else caused your injury, you deserve to be fully compensated for all your injury-related expenses, including all medical care. What you might not realize is your accident claim should cover all past, present and future anticipated expenses related to your crash, including:
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Follow-up surgical procedures
- Physical therapy
- Modifications to your home in order to accommodate a permanent disability sustained in the accident
- Replacement income if you cannot work during your recovery
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to your injury
All these expenses can quickly add up to thousands of dollars or significantly more. Insurance companies know this. That’s why they often offer to settle injury claims soon after an accident. Unfortunately, settlement offers often fall far short of the true value of many injury claims. That’s because most insurance companies don’t take into account future expenses. That’s why it’s critical that you carefully consider any settlement offer before agreeing to accept it. An experienced attorney can help you review offers and advise you on what to do.
Injury victims have rights. We can fight for them. Contact us.
A car accident injury can change your life forever in an instant. That’s why we take such legal cases so seriously at our law firm. As your lawyer, we will carefully investigate your case and aggressively pursue the maximum financial compensation you deserve. Many insurance companies agree to cooperate with us once they see we’re focused on winning your case. If not, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit or take other legal action on your behalf.
Put your trust in the law firm people trust in Fort Wayne and throughout Indiana. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with a lawyer about your car accident injury. We can meet with you in one of our Indiana office locations, in your hospital room or wherever’s convenient for you.
Glaser & Ebbs, Attorneys at Law – we fight to win.