Indiana Bankruptcy Lawyer
We can help you file or take other legal action
If you are considering filing for bankruptcy in Indiana, it’s important to fully understand how the process works. In many cases, bankruptcy can help individuals and businesses make a fresh financial start. It is important to know how the process works and what to expect if you decide to file for bankruptcy.
Our Indiana bankruptcy lawyers at Glaser & Ebbs can help you every step of the way. We have years of experience handling complex legal cases. As a result, we thoroughly understand how the bankruptcy process works in Indiana.
When you have our legal team on your side, you can make informed decisions about bankruptcy. Attorney Robert H. Ebbs in particular has extensive experience handling bankruptcy filings in Indiana and can skillfully guide you through the process. We focus on the details and we’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to do the job right.
Types of bankruptcy cases we handle
Our law firm handles a wide range of bankruptcy cases throughout Indiana. Some of the most common – and most complex – cases we handle involve:
- Filing for Chapter 7 (straight bankruptcy), which is also sometimes referred to as “liquidation bankruptcy”
- Filing for Chapter 13 (debt adjustment bankruptcy), which is also sometimes referred to as “wage earners” bankruptcy
Less common cases involve filing for Chapter 11 (reorganization) bankruptcy or Chapter 12 bankruptcy, which is reserved for farmers and fishermen.
Whatever type of bankruptcy case you need assistance with, we can help you every step of the way at our law firm.
How our law firm can help you
Filing for bankruptcy can be a confusing and complicated process. That’s why we want to help. Our knowledgeable legal team can assist you in many different ways, including:
- Explain the benefits of different types of bankruptcy filings to help you decide which one makes the most sense for your financial situation
- Help you fill out the necessary forms and paperwork to officially file for bankruptcy
- Compile evidence in support of your bankruptcy filing (outstanding bills, financial statements, foreclosure notices, etc.) in order to strengthen your legal case
- File your official application for bankruptcy with the appropriate government agency or presiding court
- Represent you in all legal proceedings related to your bankruptcy filing, including all court hearings and appearances before the presiding judge
- Serve as your strong legal advocate throughout the bankruptcy filing process
The stakes are high when it comes to filing for bankruptcy. If mistakes are made, your financial future could be at risk. Don’t take chances with your personal assets. Make sure you fully understand how the bankruptcy process works. Make sure you have an experienced bankruptcy attorney working with you every step of the way.
What is your bankruptcy question?
Below, you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about bankruptcy-related cases. We also strongly encourage you to contact us and schedule a consultation with an attorney at our Indiana law firm. Every bankruptcy case often presents its own unique challenges. That’s why we never take a one-size-fits-all approach at Glaser & Ebbs, Attorneys at Law. You can count on us to carefully analyze your case and advise you on the best course of action. Schedule an appointment today at our Indianapolis office or with a bankruptcy lawyer in one of our other Indiana office locations in Anderson, Kokomo or Muncie.