Kendallville Personal Injury Lawyer
We put your best interests first. We can file a claim or take legal action for you.
You need to act fast if you or a family member has been hurt in an accident in Kendallville, Indiana. You may need immediate medical care at Parkview Noble Hospital or another nearby medical facility. You might not be able to work. Bills can add up fast. Pressure to settle your case can be intense. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to an attorney who understands how the legal system works when it comes personal injury claims in Indiana.
Our dedicated legal team at Glaser & Ebbs has the knowledge and experience you need to demand the financial compensation you deserve. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. We know Kendallville well, and have an office here. We thoroughly understand how the legal system works in Noble County.
It’s not just what we know -- it’s how we work. Some law firms avoid tough cases, but we thrive on them because we never back down from a fight. We also never take anything for granted. When we take on a case, we work around the clock to find the facts to build the strongest possible legal case. As your lawyer, we will do the work that needs to be done to do the job right.
Why do accidents happen in Kendallville?
Accidents caused by other people happen for many different reasons. When it comes to personal injury accidents in Kendallville, common causes may include:
- Property owners who don’t maintain their property, resulting in hazardous or dangerous conditions, including loose handrails on stairs, poor lighting in public places and other hazardous conditions. These cases are often known as premises liability cases.
- Water or other liquids left on the floor, often in restaurants, retail stores or hotels. When this happens, slip and fall accidents often occur, resulting in serious back or head injuries.
- Dangerous dogs or other domestic animals not properly secured or fenced in, resulting in dog bites or animal attacks.
These are just a few reasons why accidents sometimes happen in Kendallville. Whatever the cause of your injury, don’t simply assume you will be fairly compensated for your medical bills and other injury-related expenses. In most cases, you must demand the money you deserve. That’s why you need a lawyer in your corner, fighting for your rights.
What legal options are available?
If someone else caused your injury, you often need to prove that someone was at fault to be compensated for your injury expenses. This is especially true in Indiana, which has a fault-based insurance system.
If you and your attorney can provide evidence that someone else was responsible for your accident, you often have several options available to you, including:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Negotiate a better settlement offer with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- File a personal injury lawsuit, particularly if the at-fault party’s insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith or denies your injury claim.
The stakes can be very high when it comes to many injury claims. Depending on the severity of your injuries, how much time you need to recover and whether you can return to work or have a permanent disability, the value of your case could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. That’s why it’s important to carefully consider all your options before deciding what to do.
How can a Kendallville lawyer help me?
When you have an experienced attorney on your side, you can take control after your accident. Your lawyer can help you in many ways, including:
- Independently investigate your accident, including reviewing inspection records or accident reports related to your case.
- Consult with experts if necessary, to build a stronger legal case.
- Deal directly with the at-fault property owner.
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- File a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf in Noble County Courthouse or whichever court has jurisdiction over your injury claim.
You need to act fast after your personal injury accident. In many cases, you only have two years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in Indiana. That’s because of the state’s statute of limitations laws. If you miss this deadline, you could miss out on your only opportunity to obtain all the money you need for current and future injury expenses. That’s why you need a lawyer, working aggressively on your case.
Take legal action now. Contact our law firm.
The bottom line is you should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Whether it’s a neighbor or business owner in Kendallville, their insurance company should cover all your injury-related expenses.
Allow us to demand the money you deserve. Contact our law firm and schedule a free consultation after your injury accident with a lawyer in our Kendallville office. We can answer your questions, explain your options and help you decide the best course of action. We’re the law firm you want when it matters most.