Kendallville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Get the respect you deserve. We fight for injured motorcyclists’ rights.
Riding a motorcycle in Kendallville or elsewhere in Indiana can be an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, motorcyclists also sometimes sustain serious injuries in accidents caused by other drivers. Whether you’re dealing with an intersection accident on South Lima Road, a distracted driving accident on Dowling Street or another type of collision, it’s important to seek immediate medical attention at Parkview Noble Hospital or the nearest medical facility. The next step? Talk to a lawyer at our law firm.
Our dedicated team of trial lawyers at Glaser & Ebbs has more than 100 years of combined legal experience. As a result, we understand the urgency of many motorcycle crashes. If you decide to hire us, we won’t waste a second. We’ll get right to work aggressively investigating your accident. We know what question to ask, what evidence to look for and understand how the legal system works in Noble County. We get the job done right.
Why do motorcycle accidents happen in Kendallville?
Motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers often happen because the driver isn’t paying attention or doing something reckless behind the wheel. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle crashes in Kendallville include:
- Drivers changing lanes without warning or without looking to see if there’s a motorcycle in another lane or when turning left at a busy intersection
- Distracted drivers who are texting while driving, operating a GPS or doing something else to take their eyes away from the road
- Speeding drivers who don’t leave enough space between themselves and motorcyclists
- Reckless drivers who weave in and out of traffic, especially on busy multi-lane roads
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel, especially in head-on collisions involving motorcyclists on rural roads
Whatever the cause of your motorcycle accident, make sure you take certain steps to protect your health and your rights. Otherwise, you might not get the money you deserve for your motorcycle accident claim.
What should I do after my accident?
Every motorcycle accident is different, but there are often many similarities between crashes caused by other drivers. That’s why it’s important to take certain steps in many circumstances to protect your health and your rights, including:
- Call the police and ask them to respond to your crash.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- If you can safely do so and you’re healthy enough:
- Take pictures of your motorcycle accident.
- Talk to witnesses who saw your crash and get their full name and phone number.
- Get the other driver’s name, address and insurance information.
- Do not discuss your accident with the driver or anyone else. Anything you say could be used as evidence to deny your accident claim.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you have been in an accident caused by another driver.
- If the at-fault driver’s insurance company contacts you, do not talk to them.
- Call a lawyer as soon as possible to represent you and handle your legal case.
The clock is ticking after your motorcycle accident. In Indiana, you often only have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. If you miss this deadline (known as the statute of limitations) you could miss out on your only opportunity to obtain the financial compensation you deserve for current and future accident expenses, including medical bills and lost income.
How a lawyer can help you
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if another driver clearly caused your motorcycle accident. But the reality is many motorcyclists often wrongly get blamed for causing such collisions. Other drivers often point the finger at motorcyclists, claiming they’re reckless and out of control. Unfortunately, some insurance companies believe them and take the driver’s side.
That’s why it’s critical that you have an attorney on your side that can help set the record straight. Your lawyer can thoroughly investigate your accident and find the facts you need to build a strong legal case. That way, you can demand the money you deserve for your accident.
Your lawyer can demand the compensation you deserve several different ways. Often, obtaining compensation involves your lawyer negotiating a settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If they refuse to cooperate, your attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Make your motorcycle accident matter. Contact us.
The stakes are high when it comes to many motorcycle accident claims. That’s why it’s critical that you have a lawyer prepared to vigorously fight for your rights and demand the money you need for medical care and lost income.
We don’t back down from tough legal cases. We rise to the challenge. Put your trust in a law firm ready to stand up for your rights. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with a lawyer at our Kendallville office. We will fight for you.