Decatur Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Get the respect you deserve. We fight for injured motorcyclists’ rights.
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in Decatur, Indiana? Did another driver cause your crash, but you’re the one being blamed for causing the collision? Don’t let the at-fault driver’s insurance company or anyone else push you around. Demand the justice you deserve. Contact our Decatur law firm right now.
Our dedicated team of trial lawyers at Glaser & Ebbs can help you every step of the way. We know what to do because we have decades of experience dealing with complicated legal cases in Decatur and throughout Adams County. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience representing injury victims and their families. As a result, we won’t waste your time when you hire us to represent you. We’ll get straight to work building the strongest possible legal case.
Why do motorcycle accidents happen in Decatur?
Motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers happen for many different reasons. In general, accidents often happen because another driver was doing something they should not have been doing behind the wheel. This includes:
- Texting while driving or other forms of distracted driving
- Speeding or driving recklessly, especially on busy downtown roads like Winchester Street
- Changing lanes or making a left-hand turn without looking, especially at an intersection
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel
Whatever the cause of your motorcycle accident on Bellmont Road, North 13th Street or another road in Decatur, it’s important to take immediate legal action. Otherwise, the evidence you need to build a strong legal case can be lost or destroyed in a matter of a few days or hours. That’s why you need an experienced attorney on your side, aggressively investigating your accident.
What should I do after my accident?
If another driver caused a motorcycle accident involving you or a family member, you should take the following steps in most cases to protect your rights and make sure you receive the medical care you rightfully deserve, including:
- Call the police. Ask them to respond to your motorcycle accident. That way, you will have an official Indiana Officer's Standard Crash Report for your accident, an important piece of evidence in many cases.
- Ask the police to send an ambulance if you or anyone else was injured in the crash. If necessary, go to the emergency room at Adams Memorial Hospital or the nearest medical facility right away. You could have a life-threatening internal injury and not even realize it.
- If you are healthy enough to do so, get the other driver’s name, address, phone number and insurance information. You can give the same information to the driver about yourself.
- Other than sharing insurance information, do not discuss your accident with the other driver. Anything you say – even something as simple as “I’m sorry” – could later be used to deny your accident claim.
- If you can safely do so, take pictures of your motorcycle accident.
- If someone saw your crash, get the witness’s full name, address and contact information.
- Even if you have been examined by an EMT, doctor or another medical professional immediately after your accident, schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor. Many motorcycle accident injuries – particularly head or neck injuries – take several days to develop.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you have been in an accident.
- If the at-fault driver’s insurance company calls you, do not talk to them. You do not have to answer their questions. Again, anything you say to them or put in writing could later be used as evidence to deny your claim.
- Call an attorney immediately to learn more about your legal rights.
How a lawyer can help you
You might think you don’t even need a lawyer if the other driver clearly caused your motorcycle accident. Many motorcyclists are often blamed for causing collisions involving other drivers, however. Worst of all, many insurance companies take their side. That’s because some people think all motorcyclists are risk-takers who ignore the rules of the road.
We know the truth. We know that most motorcyclists are the victims of reckless or negligent drivers who don’t share the road safely with bikers. As for insurance companies, they’re often simply looking for an excuse to reduce or deny your claim. That’s because your accident claim could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more.
As your attorney, we can aggressively investigate your case and search for the evidence you need to build the strongest possible legal claim. We know what to look for when it comes to motorcycle accidents. We understand how the legal system works in Adams County. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success. You can count on us when it matters most.
Make your motorcycle accident matter. Contact us.
The clock is ticking after your motorcycle accident. In Indiana, you often only have two years from the date of your crash to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations. If you miss that deadline, you could miss out on your only opportunity to get the money you deserve for all your current and future accident-related expenses.
Make sure you make the most of your opportunity for justice. Contact our law firm to learn more about how we can help you with your legal battle. Schedule a free consultation with a lawyer at our Decatur office. We can fight for what’s rightfully yours.