Decatur Car Accident Lawyer
We can investigate your crash, handle your claim or take other legal action
Car accidents caused by other drivers in Decatur can be very complicated legal cases. Whether you’re dealing with a rear-end car accident on Mercer Avenue, a head-on collision on West Monroe Street or another type of accident, it’s important that you take your crash seriously right from the start.
We get it at Glaser & Ebbs. That’s because we have handled many car accident claims in Decatur and throughout Adams County. Our dedicated team of trial lawyers has more than 100 years of combined legal experience handling tough cases. We know how the legal system works in Indiana. We won’t waste any time when we start working on your case. We’ll get straight to work for you.
Why do car accidents happen in Decatur?
Accidents caused other drivers in Decatur happen for many different reasons. In many cases, these accidents happen because the at-fault driver was reckless behind the wheel. Examples can include:
- Distracted drivers, especially texting drivers, which is illegal in Indiana
- Speeding drivers who don’t slow down in time to avoid a crash
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless drivers weaving in and out of traffic and running red lights or stop signs
Whatever the cause of your crash, don’t simply assume the at-fault driver will be held responsible for their actions. Often, bad car accidents in Decatur turn out to be complicated legal cases for many reasons. Sometimes, it’s because the other driver denies doing anything wrong. Other times, it’s their insurance company that’s the problem. Either way, a lawyer can fight for your rights and demand the money you deserve for your accident.
What should I do after my accident?
It’s important to take your car accident seriously if you’re dealing with a crash caused by another driver. Some of the steps you should take to protect your rights include:
- Call the police and ask them to respond to your crash. Later, make sure to get a copy of the investigating police officer’s accident report. That way, you can verify that everything is correct in your official Indiana Officer's Standard Crash Report.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel fine. You could have a life-threatening internal injury. Have a doctor examine you at Adams Memorial Hospital or the nearest medical facility right away. Your health and well-being should come first.
- If you are healthy enough to do so, take pictures of your accident before moving either vehicle if possible. That way, you will have photographic evidence that the other driver caused your crash. Make sure to take pictures of the crash itself, including skid marks on the road (or the absence of them), traffic lights and anything else that could be critical pieces of evidence in support of your claim.
- Get the driver’s name, address, phone number and insurance information. Feel free to give the same information to the other driver.
- Do not discuss your case with the other driver. Even if you know them or they’re a friend in Decatur, be aware that anything you say about your accident could later be used by their insurance company as evidence to reduce or deny your accident claim.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you have been involved in an accident caused by another driver.
- If the at-fault driver’s insurance company contacts you, do not answer their questions, even if they seem simple or straightforward. Anything you say or write to insurance companies can be used by them to turn down your claim.
- Call a lawyer right away. The sooner you have an attorney representing you, the better.
Why you should choose our law firm
Many car accidents result in serious injuries. When this happens, expenses can add up fast – emergency room care, surgery, follow-up doctor’s appointments, physical therapy and bills for other medical care. Add to that the loss of income if you cannot work while you’re recovering from your car accident and the financial impact of your crash can quickly add up to thousands of dollars or significantly more.
Our law firm knows how to tackle tough cases. We have extensive experience investigating bad car accidents throughout Indiana. We know how to analyze accident reports. We regularly visit the site of the crash. We frequently consult with accident reconstruction experts.
When we present our findings to the at-fault driver’s insurance company, many agree to negotiate in good faith and make a fair settlement offer. If they don’t, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit on your behalf or take other legal action. We don’t back down from a fight -- and we fight to win.
Demand justice after your accident. Contact us.
Discover what our dedicated legal team can do for you after your car accident. Contact our law firm and schedule a free a consultation with one of our lawyers in our Decatur office. We want to help you demand the money you rightfully deserve for your accident-related expenses.