Injuries that result from falls can have serious consequences such as loss of mobility, impaired motor skills or other permanent disabilities.
- Wrist injury. A broken wrist or hand is extremely common in slip and fall accidents. In addition to bone fractures, damage to the ligaments, tendons, nerves and other soft tissues in your arm can lead to lingering pain and require extensive physical therapy to regain function.
- Knee injury. The loss of mobility from a knee injury can be devastating both physically and financially. Twisting or landing on your kneecap can cause permanent ligament damage. Without the ability to move easily and freely your life can change drastically. A successful lawsuit will help you receive compensation for the direct and peripheral effects of a slip and fall knee injury.
- Back injury. The impact of a fall can cause a slipped disk in the spinal column. These injuries can be painful initially and long-term discomfort can persist for many years after the accident. Spinal damage often requires surgery to repair, and the resulting recovery period can keep you out of work for long periods of time.
- Head injury. One of the most serious injuries that a slip and fall can cause is a head injury. Severe head injuries can have a lifelong effect on how a person is able to function on a day-to-day basis. Even comparatively mild injuries like a concussion can have negative impact on long term cognitive functioning. More severe head injuries can affect mobility, balance and memory with no chance of recovery.
- Neck injury. Awkward falls put undue strain on the neck and can cause lingering pain, whiplash or even paralysis.
- Tailbone injury. A broken tailbone is one of the more painful injuries you can sustain in a slip and fall. Broken tailbones are typically slow to heal, even small fractures can take 8-12 weeks to heal. That’s three months of doctor’s appointments, missed work and painful recovery.
The Indiana Personal Injury Attorneys at Glaser & Ebbs are skilled at representing clients and their family members injured in personal injury accidents. It often takes legal action to receive fair compensation in these cases. Contact Glaser & Ebbs to learn more about your legal rights and options.